Business anniversaries can be tricky things to celebrate. Especially if you are a b2b company, like a manufacturer or a logistics company. “What on earth can we say about it?” is a common question I get asked. “It’s only an anniversary.”
Well, in PR, we’re always looking for ways to communicate with your customers, employees and potential customers… and something like a significant anniversary is a great reason to start that conversation. Those significant anniversary’s, for PR purposes, tend to be years 5, 10, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50 and so on, in multiples of 10.
And just to get some ideas going, here are 25 things you might to do for a 25th anniversary:
- Tell your staff – hold a special meeting, or series of meetings. This is something to celebrate
- Create an email footer with the anniversary on it- so even if you forget, it gets included in all your outgoing emails
- Organise promotional gifts to celebrate the occasion.
- Create some literature detailing your company’s history to date
- Produce lapel pins for all staff
- Have a party
- Make sure your stationery mentions the anniversary
- Put a news story in your employee magazine
- Let your local press know about it
- Create a news story for your trade press
- Find out what was going on in the world 25 years ago.. and put it on your blog
- Create a special edition (whatever it is you make) to recognise the anniversary
- Have an open day, and show customers the progress you’ve made
- think about what you want to achieve in the next 25 years – and write it down
- Organise new photography to record the people and processes in this landmark year
- Launch a new charity initiative – and do something like raising £25K to celebrate 25 years in business
- Take out some banner ads in your key online titles and in printed media
- Put up a webpage looking at key landmark events for your business over this time
- Send out a newsletter to your customers
- Find photos from 25 years ago, and share them on a pinterest page
- Make a special offer to customers in honour of the anniversary
- Create content for your website about the team from 25 years ago
- Make sure your systems are up to date, and don’t hark back 25 years
- Create an info graphic timeline
- Record a video celebrating your company’s achievements
Having been in business successfully for a number of years is definitely something to feel proud about – so don’t hide your light under a bushel. Get out there and start celebrating it!
If you’ve enjoyed this post, you might like to read some of our other posts: measuring the ROI on PR or maximising the PR opportunities of winning awards
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please add your comments below… I’d love to hear how you celebrated your business anniversary.
Oh – and don’t forget, sign up for our newsletter (right at the top of this page) for more great tips on promoting your business.